Application and enrollment procedure for international students applying
for Nursing study program at ICEPS
Recognition of secondary school documents
Before starting with the application procedure, please, beware of the important precondition for enrollment. You must have your transcripts of all years and diploma from high school (secondary school) recognized (validated) by the Serbian Qualification Agency, i.e. the ENIC/NARIC Centre, responsible for academic recognition in the Republic of Serbia. To check the website of the Agency, click here.
You must submit the following documents to the Agency in person or by registered mail to their address (below):
- Original secondary school transcripts of all years and diploma
- Notarized translation of the secondary school transcripts and diploma – for each document 3 notarized copies in total are necessary for admission; notarized translation must be done by official court interpreter in the Republic of Serbia
- Completed Application form (in Serbian language) – download here
- Evidence of paid fee – 5.500 RSD (approx. 50 EUR) – instructions available here (page 4).
Check the official Brochure for the Recognition of Foreign Education Documents from the website of the Agency here. Only check the information on How to file a request for the recognition of a foreign secondary school document.
Important: Once the request is filed with the Agency you will be issued a certificate confirming that the recognition process is in progress. It may take some time (usually up to 2 months) for your application to be processed. This certificate is part of the obligatory set of documents for your application at ICEPS.
Please, note that if your secondary school documents are not recognized by the Agency, you will not be able to continue your studies. The same applies if the Agency finds that your secondary school diploma is not equivalent to four-year secondary education in Serbia as this is another condition for your enrollment prescribed by the Law on Higher Education of the Republic of Serbia.
Final deadline to submit the Decision on recognition of secondary school (original document) issued by the relevant authority – Qualification Agency to ICEPS is 1st of December 2022.
Address of the Agency:
Majke Jevrosime 51, 4th Floor
11103 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 7455 724
Opening hours: 12 pm – 2 pm CET
ICEPS can help you in this process!
You can complete this process on your own following the steps above or ICEPS can assist you in this procedure.
If you would like us to help you, these are the steps in the process:
- Send us first your scanned secondary school transcripts of all years and diploma to email email@example.com and then the originals to our registered mail address: ICEPS – International College for Professional Studies, Pariske komune 24/1st Floor 11070 Belgrade, Serbia. It is highly recommended to send us the original documents via FedEx, DHL or other trustful shipping company with tracking services for your own safety. You will be required to cover the shipping costs.
- Make the payment of 300 EUR for our services and fee paid to the Agency and additional sum for translation and notarization of your documents that depends on the number of pages for translation. We recommend doing the translation with our partner company that offers special discount price of 15% for our students: 10 EUR/1 page = 1.800 characters with spaces. The translation and notarization will be done in 3 copies.
- Once we prepare all the documents, we will file the application on your behalf at the Qualification Agency and send you the scanned certificate confirming that the recognition process is in progress.
- With this certificate and one copy of translated and notarized documents that we will keep for us (2 copies will be sent with the originals to the Agency) you can continue the application procedure.
After completing the recognition of secondary school documents (on your own or assisted by ICEPS) and have the certificate confirming that the recognition process is in progress, you can proceed with the application procedure at ICEPS.
Prospective students are required to submit the following documents:
- Application form (please, download, fill out, print, sign, scan and send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Passport (please, scan the page with your photo and personal data and send to email email@example.com)
- Birth certificate (please, scan the document and send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- One copy of a notarized translation of the secondary school transcripts of all years and a diploma
- Certificate from the Qualification Agency stating that the recognition process is in progress
- Proof of the payment of Application and Entrance exam fee – 100 EUR.
Having completed the application procedure, you can take the entrance exam.
Applicants for admission into the first year of studies in Nursing in English must pass entrance exam in Basics of Nursing.
Once you pay Application and Entrance exam fee, we will send you to your email the workbook that contains 200 multiple choice questions with the key to the answers. Some of those or very similar questions (30 in total) will be at your entrance exam.
Sample exam with questions is available here.
Do not worry! To pass the exam, you are required to successfully complete at least 40% of the test. During the first year of your studies, you will have Basics of Nursing as your main course where you will learn about this in much more details. To see what courses, you will take during the three-years period of your studies, check this page.
Entrance exam can be completed in person or online. If you choose to do it online, you will be sent detailed instructions via email on how to log in. During the completion of the test, you will be supervised by our staff who can also assist you if you have any technical issues during the completion of the test.
Results of the test will be sent to you via email by the end of the following day (at the latest).
Entrance exams can be taken each Wednesday at 10 am CET between 1st of July and 1st of October 2022 for enrollment into 2022/2023 school year that starts at the beginning of November 2022 for international students.
In addition, if there are spots left for enrollment, there is a possibility for a subsequent entrance exam term.
Enrollment of admitted candidates
Now that you have completed the application procedure and successfully passed the entrance exam, you can proceed with completing the registration.
You will be required to submit the following documents:
- Passport (page with your photo and personal data with notarized translation)
- Birth certificate (original or notarized translation into Serbian)
- One copy of a notarized translation of the secondary school transcripts of all years and a diploma (before the recognition process is completed)
- Original secondary school transcripts and a diploma (once the recognition process is completed, before 1st of December latest)
- Certificate from the Qualification Agency stating that the recognition process is in progress (before the recognition process is completed)
- Decision on recognition of secondary school (original document) issued by relevant authority – Qualification Agency (once the recognition process is completed, before 1st of December latest)
- Language Proficiency certificate – original or notarized translation in Serbian, proving that you have at least B2 level of English language proficiency in CEFR.TOEFL, IELTS and CAE are accepted, as well as certificates from other language schools. If you completed high school in English or are a native speaker, you are exempt from this requirement. If you do not meet this requirement, ICEPS can organize online English proficiency test and interview (additional discount fee: 80 EUR) at a Serbian language school that ICEPS recommends.
- Copy of health insurance policy for the current academic year – international health insurance, issued in student’s own country, or in Serbia by relevant insurance company.
- Medical Examination – An examination by an occupational medicine specialist for the purpose of issuing a certificate of fitness for enrollment in university/college. This certificate must be issued by Serbian doctors and can be submitted at a later stage (before the school year starts latest) and after you arrive in Serbia. There is an extra cost for this examination payable to the clinic where you complete examination
- Two photos (like passport photos) – format 3,5 x 4,5 cm
- Two application forms (so-called “ŠV forms”) – provided by ICEPS
- ICEPS index (student booklet) – Provided by ICEPS
- Proof of payment of tuition fee – 1st installment of 1.500 EUR OR full price of 4.500 EUR
- Proof of payment of enrollment fee – 150 EUR.
All documents that require translation and notarization can be done at the recommended translation company that offers special discount for our students. The fee for translation and notarization is 10 EUR/1 page = 1.800 characters with spaces.
Student Enrollment Agreement
Documents can be submitted in person or sent to our registered mail address: ICEPS – International College for Professional Studies, Pariske komune 24/1st Floor 11070 Belgrade, Serbia. It is highly recommended to send us the original documents via FedEx, DHL or other trustful shipping company with tracking services for your own safety. You will be required to cover the shipping costs.
After completing the procedure, we will send you the Student Enrollment Agreement via email for you to check it, print, sign and send us scanned. Once we receive the signed agreement, we will send you back the signed version from our side too, together with the Attendance certificate confirming that you have been admitted to studies at ICEPS.
Please, note that if your high school documents are not recognized by the Agency, you will not be able to continue your studies and we would need to terminate the agreement. The same applies if the Qualification Agency finds that your high school diploma is not equivalent to four-year secondary education in Serbia as this is another condition for your enrollment prescribed by the Law on Higher Education of the Republic of Serbia.
Final deadline to submit the Decision on recognition of secondary school (original document) issued by relevant authority – Qualification Agency to ICEPS is 1st of December 2022.
Professional practice during studies
During studies students have mandatory professional practice from certain courses each year. To see all the courses and check which ones have mandatory professional practice check this page.
Students will not be able to have any contact with patients unless they fulfill the following conditions prescribed by the Law:
- Complete health-hygienic examination for health workers – after completing this examination you get the sanitary booklet valid for 6 months. When entering the hospital or any other health institution, you must have the sanitary booklet valid. Your mentors will ask you to show your sanitary booklet before the practice begins.
- Have proof of being vaccinated against Hepatitis B – if you have already been vaccinated against Hepatitis B in your country, please, send us the evidence of it. If it’s not in English it would have to be translated. Your mentors will ask you to show this document before the practice begins. If you have not been vaccinated, you can do it in your country or complete it in Serbia.
For completing professional practice, students must have appropriate medical (nursing) uniform: white pants + white shirt + white clogs + white socks + white coat.
Students can buy uniforms in pharmacies or via ICEPS (approximate price 60-70 EUR for full package) before school year starts.
Language skills improvement
Students at Nursing study program in English have classes of Serbian included in their scholarship for a certain period to learn the basic things and get to know better their new home.
During studies students can choose either English or German as elective courses and, in this way, improve their language skills and learn vocabulary from their professional field.
There is also a possibility of organizing extra lessons of any language for students who want to take intensive language courses.
Foreign citizens who wish to study in Serbian will be required to pass the Serbian language test beforehand and get the certificate confirming the level of Serbian. There is an extra fee for taking the test organized by ICEPS.
Enrollment details for studies in Serbian are available here.
Price list for students – Study year 2022/2023
|Fee||Price (in EUR)|
|Tuition fee |
Organization and costs of professional practice and necessary equipment (medical instruments and equipment)
Exam taking (up to 3 attempts per exam)
|4.500 EUR / year
1st instalment (when enrolling) – 1.500 EUR
2nd instalment (before 15th Dec) – 1.500 EUR
3rd instalment (before 15th Mar) – 1.500 EUR
|Application and Entrance exam fee||100 EUR|
|High school documents recognition – assistance by ICEPS|
High school documents recognition – individually
|300 EUR (included fee for Agency included approx. 50 EUR) + international shipping fees + translation by authorized court interpreter in the Republic of Serbia (10 EUR/1 page = 1.800 characters with spaces)
50 EUR + international shipping fees + translation by authorized court interpreter in the Republic of Serbia
|English proficiency test and interview – optional||80 EUR|
|Enrollment fee||150 EUR|
|Exam taking (from 4th attempt)||30 EUR per exam|
|Enrollment of 2nd year||150 EUR|
|Enrollment of 3rd year||150 EUR|
|Bachelor Thesis Defense||300 EUR|
|Discount price for translation and notarization services for our students||10 EUR/1 page = 1.800 characters with spaces|
- There is no refund.
- Special consideration: part of the tuition fee can be refunded if the studies are interrupted due to the death of a parent / guardian, or due to a military service obligation.
- The refund is applicable from the first day of the month after reporting one of the above events and submitting official documentary evidence.
Non-refundable: All fees paid before the moment of disenrollment.
Refundable: proportionate costs are refundable according to the refund policy described above.
After the first month no refund can be claimed.
Students are not entitled to a refund of the tuition fee if they are obliged to discontinue their studies for academic or disciplinary reasons.
ICEPS Payment instructions
Name and address of the bank: ERSTE BANK a.d. Bulevar Oslobodjenja 5, 21000 Novi Sad, Serbia
Full name and address of the bank account owner: Visoka strukovna skola – Internacionalni centar za profesionalne studije (College of Professional Studies – International Center of Professional Studies), Toplicin venac 7/1, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Account number (IBAN): RS35340000001103299464
SWIFT/BIC code: GIBARS22
Note: When making payments, if possible, under the payment purpose include the real purpose of the payment (Application and Entrance Exam fee, Enrollment fee, Scholarship, etc.) and your personal ID number so we can be sure the payment is coming from you.
Visa/residence permit procedure and accommodation
Admitted students who require a visa for Serbia will be issued the Attendance certificate upon registration (payment of first installment for tuition fee and signed Student Enrollment Agreement).
Citizens of many countries can enter Serbia without any visa and stay between 30 and 90 days.
To check if you need a visa to enter Serbia, go visit this page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia and click on your country of passport.
If you do not need visa to enter Serbia, you can complete residence permit procedure once you arrive in Serbia and apply for residential/study visa. Make sure to prepare documents for application beforehand. For more information, check this page.
When you arrive, you will have 24h to register your stay at the closest police station. If you are staying in a hotel or hostel, the staff will do the registration for you.
In case you need a visa prior to entering Serbia, contact the Serbian diplomatic mission in your country to apply for a D-type visa. Find Serbian Diplomatic Mission in your country here.
Find your country’s Diplomatic Mission in Serbia here.
Please, note that you may have additional costs in this process that are payable to the Ministry, Embassies, and other authorities in charge.
We got this for you!
ICEPS collaborates with the Erasmus Student Network (ESN), a student organization that will provide help to each international student at ICEPS individually regarding their visa/residence permit procedure and finding accommodation even before they arrive in Serbia.
Once you are admitted as a student at ICEPS, we will send you the form to fill out where you can express your preferences. You will be then connected to the local student, a member of ESN, who becomes your buddy and assists you all the way through.
Please, note that both ICEPS nor ESN cannot guarantee that you will be approved visa and/or residence permit as it solely depends on the authorities in charge.
Also, we cannot guarantee that you will find the exact type of accommodation you were looking for, but we are all here to help you in this process of integration go smoothly and as easier as possible as we know this is a huge change in your life.
ESN has a vast experience in these matters as they assist all international students in Serbia and ICEPS staff will be at your disposal for anything you need.
You can check on our website some useful information:
We are looking forward to meeting you! Welcome to ICEPS!